The Museum considers requests to rent its facility on a case-by-case basis, with security of the artwork in mind. All groups interested in using the Schneider Museum of Art for events please contact us at: email@example.com or call 541-552-8248.
Facility renters are required to:
- Provide a certificate of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 listing Southern Oregon University as an additional insured, with a rider for alcohol use, if applicable.
- Use A’Viands, the campus caterers, if refreshments are needed.
- Provide sufficient staffing for the event.
- Obtain university approval for wine or beer use and provide OLCC licensed servers, if applicable.
- Ensure that guests adhere to Museum behavior and security guidelines.
Facility Usage Fees:
Facilities cleaning fee: $75 before the event, $75 after – Total: $150.
Guards: Two Museum-trained guards at $10.25/hour each. Third guard required for events with over 100 attendees, Fourth guard required for events with over 200 attendees. Note guards are not to be used as event staff.
Total Facility Usage Fees: contingent upon number of hours of event
Facility Rental Fee:
Events held by SOU Departments:
Events with Free Admission: $50
Events with Admission Charge: $150
Outside Events Co-sponsored by SOU Departments:
Please note: Co-sponsorship is available to non-SOU groups affiliated with a SOU Department or Club. The outside group bears the financial responsibility for the event, but the SOU sponsor agrees to assume responsibility should the outside group default. The co-sponsor must be a point person in addition to the group’s point person and must attend pre-event meetings, be copied on all correspondence and be in attendance at the event from start to finish.
Events with Free Admission: $150
Events with Admission Charge: $300
Events held by Non-Profit Organizations:
Events with Free Admission: $300
Events with Admission Charge: $600
Events held by Private Individuals and Businesses:
Events with Free Admission: $1,000
Events with Admission Charge: $2,000
For Information about Oregon Center for the Arts Facility Rentals, see: