Read along below for more information about Schneider Museum of Art. For questions or clarification, please contact us.
The Museum considers requests to rent its facility on a case-by-case basis, with security of the artwork in mind. All groups interested in using the Schneider Museum of Art for events please contact us at: email@example.com or call 541-552-8248.
Facility renters are required to:
- Provide a certificate of liability insurance in the amount of $4,000,000 listing Southern Oregon University as an additional insured, with a rider for alcohol use, if applicable.
- Use A’Viands, the campus caterers, if refreshments are needed.
- Provide sufficient staffing for the event.
- Obtain university approval for wine or beer use and provide OLCC licensed servers, if applicable.
- Ensure that guests adhere to Museum behavior and security guidelines.
Facility Rental Fee
Events held by SOU Departments:
Events with Free Admission: $50 | Events with Admission Charge: $150
Outside Events Co-sponsored by SOU Departments:
Please note: Co-sponsorship is available to non-SOU groups affiliated with a SOU Department or Club. The outside group bears the financial responsibility for the event, but the SOU sponsor agrees to assume responsibility should the outside group default. The co-sponsor must be a point person in addition to the group’s point person and must attend pre-event meetings, be copied on all correspondence and be in attendance at the event from start to finish.
Events with Free Admission: $150 | Events with Admission Charge: $300
Events held by Non-Profit Organizations:
Events with Free Admission: $300 | Events with Admission Charge: $600
Events held by Private Individuals and Businesses:
Events with Free Admission: $1,000 | Events with Admission Charge: $2,000
Facility Usage Fees
Facilities cleaning fee:
$75 before the event, $75 after – Total: $150.
Two Museum-trained guards at $11.00/hour each. Third guard required for events with over 100 attendees, Fourth guard required for events with over 200 attendees. Note guards are not to be used as event staff.
Total Facility Usage Fees:
Contingent upon number of hours of event.
Oregon Center for the Arts Facility Rentals
Music Recital Hall
Center for the Visual Arts
For exhibition opportunity inquiries please email us the following documents:
- Artist or Exhibition Statement
- Bio and Resume for all Proposed Artists
- Samples of Artwork in .jpg format or Link to Website
Four to six Exhibitions are planned per year, and are scheduled a year in advance. Proposals will be kept on file for future consideration.
For information about presenting work at the Center for Visual Arts galleries, visit the SOU site.